Update: Statement regarding the Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
In January 2020, a Ricoh Group Emergency Management Team was established for Covid-19. Ricoh’s response to the ongoing situation will follow guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan. Ricoh determines the alert level of a situation on a region-by-region basis. All Group companies are instructed to respond based on the action plan that has been established for the wellbeing of group employees and their families, the continuous procurement of products and services, and business continuity.
The Ricoh Group Emergency Management Team continues to actively monitor the evolving situation and making decisions accordingly based on the policies outlined below.
Ricoh Company Policy
We have already implemented measures, and continue to update these, based on Ricoh’s business continuity approach to risks of this nature, including:
- Protecting the wellbeing of our employees and their families as a primary focus.
- Considering the potential for the impact on society by making responsible decisions to support the prevention and / or containment of the situation.
- Making every effort to continuously provide the services and products required by our customers.
- Making every effort to maintain business in affected areas.
- Responding in the context of a "very serious pandemic" where daily operations cannot continue to be carried out. Execution of business continuity planning.
Ricoh engineers, service personnel and on-site Ricoh staff
Supplies and spare parts
Supply of new products
Ricoh maintains a good pipeline of new products and we do not currently anticipate any disruption to the order of new products. We are working with customers on an individual basis to support the installation of new products as appropriate depending on local restrictions in place.
Supply of toner
We maintain a good supply of all toners and continue to receive regular shipments.
Advice for customer regarding cleaning devices and touchless device operation
Ricoh Group Employees
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance and we continue to take every necessary precaution to reduce the spread of the virus. For all Ricoh employees, each of our regions are following the guidance of their appropriate local authorities to ensure we are acting responsibly and putting safety first.
Ricoh is in a strong position and we will continue to support both our employees and our customers as we move forwards together. As we continue to monitor the situation, if anything should change, we will provide an updated statement.